Here you will find the latest news from the Adoption Team, including blogs from our adoptive families. If you would like to share your story with us, please get in touch.
- CHILD TRUST FUND – Was your Child Born between 01/09/2002 and 02/01/2011?Most children born in the UK between the above dates should have an individual Child Trust Fund (CTF) account open in their name, ready for when they reach age 18. The Government (in 2002) set up the Child Trust Fund to encourage children to save money and gave them a head start by investing a […]
- Vacant Post – Adoption Support WorkerAdoption Support Worker (Fixed Term contract up to 31/03/2022 due to grant funding) Regional Post – Location Negotiable 24 hours per week £22,183* – £25,991* (Grade F) *pro rata Closing Date: 16/11/2021 This is an opportunity to join a well-performing , vibrant regional adoption service to play a leading role in developing support services for […]
- eLearning Courses for AdoptersAdoption Mid & West Wales continue to offer eLearning courses for our adopters to complete in the comfort of one’s own home and to do in their own time. These courses have been created and developed by two learning platforms, KCA and ACEducation. The online courses aim to develop knowledge, skills and reflection as a […]
- ‘Some things you are prepared for, other you get caught completely off guard.’A NEW campaign launched by the National Adoption Service for Wales hopes to encourage more people to adopt those children waiting the longest. There are 119 children currently waiting to be adopted in Wales, with 29 of those children waiting for nine months or more. For boys, sibling groups, children over three, and those with […]
- Welcome to the adoption community!Congratulations on becoming a parent. This is an exciting time as you start or extend your family. The First 1000 Days project is here for you from day one, to offer a helping hand and a listening ear from a thriving community of fellow adopters across Wales. • Advice and support via phone or email […]