Here you will find the latest news from the Adoption Team, including blogs from our adoptive families. If you would like to share your story with us, please get in touch.
- Evaluation of the Adoption Support Framework (Wales)You are being invited to take part in a research study. The Institute of Public Care (IPC) at Oxford Brookes University has been asked by Welsh Government and the National Adoption Service to evaluate the impact of the national Adoption Support Framework. The evaluation will run from 2020 to 2021 and will help to better […]
- 2 Vacant Posts – Independent Panel MemberAN OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN THE MID & WEST WALES ADOPTION JOINT PANEL AS AN INDEPENDENT PANEL MEMBER – 2 VACANT POSTS Has your life been touched by Adoption? If the answer is YES, then you may be interested in becoming an Independent Panel Member for 1 day per month. Powys County Council is seeking to […]
- Truth be told: Adoption storiesOne of the best ways to inspire people to adopt is by sharing success stories of those that have been there and done it. Truth be told: Adoption stories, a podcast from the National Adoption Service aims to be an informative resource that features a group of adopters discussing their shared experiences together. Truth be […]
- The Adoption BarometerWales comes out top in UK wide adoption survey, but more support still needed for vulnerable children, report finds Alongside identifying an improving picture in many respects there is still evidence that the lives of some of the UK’s most vulnerable children are being affected by missed opportunities to provide them with timely and adequate […]
- Our service is still operatingOur service is still operating. Although we have to minimise face to face visits, we will be keeping in touch with you by phone, email or Microsoft Teams. The office is currently closed, but our staff are still available, so please email email@example.com if you need any advice or support and a member of the […]